When mentioning customer retention, we’re pretty sure what comes to our mind first is rewarding and loyalty programs.
But do you know that you can also drive customers back to your Shopify stores with just a back in stock email alert?
Yes, we’re talking about Shopify back in stock apps. Customers can get disappointed when their favorite products are out of stock, which results in cart abandonment.
Making use of these apps will greatly help you recover the lost sales and increase user engagement with your store.
In this article, we’ll shed light on the top 5 Shopify back in stock apps to skyrocket your sales in 2022. Their outstanding features, pricing, and ratings are also brought to the table.
- #1. Back In Stock ‑ Restock Alerts
- #2. Back In Stock: Customer Alerts
- #3. Back in Stock & Restock Alerts
- #4. Back in Stock ‑ Low Stock Pro
- #5. Back in Stock Product Alerts
#1. Back In Stock ‑ Restock Alerts
With over 1.2K 5-star reviews, Back In Stock ‑ Restock Alerts has confirmed their leading position in Shopify back in stock niche.
This app claims to significantly resolve the lost sales issue and hook customers back to your store using their alerts.
Customers will get notified via email, SMS, Facebook Messenger, or web push whenever their favorite items are restocked. As a store owner, you can freely customize the signup form and messages to fit your brand.
Your jaw will drop when you know this – this app has sent more than 3 million notification requests and had 6 million total subscriptions. Impressive, isn’t it?
What we like the most about this app is its quick and easy installation and setup. The UI is pretty intuitive, letting you easily play and navigate through.
Besides, in case you need a hand in setting up back in stock alerts, you can reach out to their customer support team any time. Their services will define the word “top-notch” for you!
- Offer back in stock customer alerts
- Come with automated SMS
- Include Facebook Messenger notifications
- Allow web push notifications
- Have built-in smart automation
- Provide segmented restock alerts (based on variants)
- Support multi-location and language
- Compatible with every theme
Price: This Shopify back in stock app is available for free on the Shopify app store. Its paid plan starts at $19.99 per month.
Rating: 4.9/5 with 1240 5-star reviews
#2. Back In Stock: Customer Alerts
As the name indicates, the main duty of Back In Stock: Customer Alerts is to inform customers whenever their items get restocked. By subscribing to the app, buyers will receive notifications via email and SMS.
All emails this app has sent out get a really high engagement and conversion rate since it pays extra attention to product variants. Customers will know exactly when their wishlist products with specific sizes or colors are topped up.
This Shopify back in stock app best suits flash sales events or coming soon collections. Just 5 minutes for setup and you can get it up and run smoothly on your site.
On top of that, fantastic support from the team also helps this app win generous praise.
- Send alerts via emails and SMS.
- Add SMS text message capability to your store.
- Out of the box integrate with a wide variety of themes.
- Offer personalization for messages
Price: Free. The Startup plan costs $19/month.
Rating: 4.8/5 with 432 5-star reviews
#3. Back in Stock & Restock Alerts
Any time your customers abandon their carts, Back in Stock & Restock Alerts sends notifications to recover the lost sales. It makes sure you don’t miss any potential sales with your products.
The app allows you to send back in stock alerts via emails and push. Apart from that, this versatile app also gives the go-ahead to abandon cart, and price drop. Shipping notifications, i.e. Shopify free shipping is also included as well.
You worry that the messages don’t match your store image? Don’t let this question bother you, as this Shopify back in stock app is fully customizable. You can change notification text and display them in any language you’d love to.
- Send custom abandon cart notifications to customers.
- Add coupon codes
- Send back-in-stock alerts to subscribed customers
- Send shipping notifications and share tracking URLs
- Segment audience based on how they interacted with your store, geo-locations, or their purchase history.
- Create custom campaigns for segmented audiences.
Price: Free. The Basic plan charges you $5/month. Considering its pricing plans, this app is definitely a steal for small Shopify store owners.
Rating: 5/5 with 209 5-star reviews
#4. Back in Stock ‑ Low Stock Pro
If you’re looking for an app that takes care of all product status, Back in Stock ‑ Low Stock Pro proves an ideal pick. This app says “yes” to sending preorder, back in stock, low stock, and out stock alerts.
What sets this app apart from other Shopify back in stock apps is that it auto-detects stock, then sends email alerts to keep you in the know whenever your products are replenished.
You can freely customize your email templates to match your brand tone of voice. Thanks to its modern UI, it doesn’t break you a sweat to carry out the customization tasks.
- Provide preorder, back in stock, low stock, and out stock alerts
- Send back in stock notifications via web push, emails, and Facebook Messenger
- Automatically send emails to customers any time the products is stocked up
- Analyze and summarize data for revenue, total sales, and total subscribers
- Grow email lists by synchronizing your contacts with Mailchimp
- Support multiple languages
Price: Free. The Basic plan requires you to pay $9.99/month.
Rating: 4.9/5 with 268 5-star reviews
#5. Back in Stock Product Alerts
Back in Stock Product Alerts handles back in stock, out of stock, pre-order, and restock alerts. Just let your customers sign up for alerts and then they will be notified any time your products get topped off right off the bat.
This Shopify back in stock app stands out from the crowd thanks to its ability to increase conversion via restock alert traffic. The traffic comes from emails, Facebook, and Instagram ads.
Back in Stock Product Alerts dives into details when sending alerts. Buyers will know whether their items with certain variant levels, like size, color, etc. are restocked.
What’s more, the app is fully customizable. You can tweak its look and feel to beautifully integrate with your Shopify theme.
- Send back in stock, out of stock, pre-order & restock alerts.
- Sign up for alerts without login.
- Seamlessly work with Shopify Locations.
- Integrate with your Email Service Provider (ESP) like Mailchimp, Klaviyo, Retention Science, etc.
- Retarget integration with Facebook & Instagram
- Come with an intuitive dashboard
- Provide a detailed report and analytics
Price: Free. The Starter plan costs $14.99/month.
Rating: 4.8/5 with 493 5-star reviews
Boost Sales with Shopify Back in Stock Apps
Shopify back in stock apps carry a lot of weight in getting customers to return to your store. They also help improve CTR through emails and SMS, increase conversion rate, and recover your lost sales.
This article has shown you the top 5 Shopify back in stock apps in 2021. All of them share a similarity in sending alerts via emails, SMS. Plus, they are easy to customize and compatible with any Shopify themes too.
Do we miss out on your favorite Shopify back in stock apps? Send us an alert in the comment section below!